Things That Make Me Stupidly Happy
– The ongoing tolerance of my friends. Actually, that’s more a sense of relief than happiness, most days, but it makes me happy, too.
– Pictures of kittens. Or puppies. Or practically any baby mammal. And some reptiles, now that I think of it.
– The real thing ain’t so bad, either. Am I the only person out there who thinks baby crocodiles are adorable?
– Good chocolate. Really, really good chocolate.
– Reading silly feel-good stories in the media about good Samaritans, selfless actions, etc, etc. (Watching Doctor Who counts, btw…)
– Big squooshy hugs. Ideally from the aforementioned friends.
– Laughter that isn’t at someone else’s expense – except maybe my own.
– Ripe peaches. Really. For sheer innocent-yet-sybaritic pleasure, you can’t beat a fresh, ripe peach.
– Outrageous flattery (I’m only human!)
– A well-fitted bra (see above)
– A proper soak in a hot bath/tub, which translates to a potential risk of drowning, particularly when one includes a good book, a cup of tea and various other distractions. Worth it, though…